What is the issue/problem this proposal will help with?
Open dealing and drug use.
What difference will it make to our community health and wellbeing?
Reduce anxiety and increase community pride
What needs to happen?
- Clean up areas of dilapidation
- Police days of action involving all services and businesses
- Increase comms when people report to acknowledge report and give info about what happens next
- Encourage hostel dwellers to be involved and take part
- encourage more reporting
- A community whatts App group for information sharing.
Who needs to be involved?
Police, local businesses and residents, whole community. St Annes – enforcement and support located there. Community action days – finding ways for residents to help out practically.
What will they need to do?
Create buzz! Awareness stuff. Different agencies out in the street and talking to people. Have and share information about where people can stay.
What resources/ things will they need?
Funding to pay for refreshments to encourage volunteers, venues, publicity. lead agency or group to co-ordinate each action day.
What are the obstacles or problems with doing this?
Early morning activities resistance from services. Tie access to money.
How will we know if this has helped?
Visible changes – less reports of ASB, less pressure on services, more reports.